Since 2018 I am Professor of Theoretical Computer Science at Friedrich Schiller University Jena. My research interests are in algorithms, complexity, computational logic, and in particular proof complexity.
Before coming to Jena I spent six years at the University of Leeds, as Professor of Computational Logic (2017-18), Associate Professor (2015-17), and Lecturer (2012-15). Since 2018 I am a visiting professor at the University of Leeds.
Before that I was a visiting professor (2011/12) and visiting researcher (2009/10) at Sapienza University Rome, Lecturer at Leibniz University Hanover (2007-12) and postdoc at Humboldt University Berlin (2006/07). I obtained my PhD from Humboldt University Berlin in 2006 and completed my habilitation at Leibniz University Hanover in 2011.
Current and recent projects
- A New Dawn of Intuitionism: Mathematical and Philosophical Advances (2017-2020)
funded by the John Templeton Foundation
- Correctness by Construction (2014-2017)
Coordinator, funded by EU, Marie Curie International Research Staff Exchange Scheme
- Parameterized Proof Complexity (2014-2016)
PI, funded by Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Abstract Mathematics for Actual Computation: Hilbert's Program in the 21st Century (2014-2016)
PI, funded by the John Templeton Foundation
- Editor: Journal on Satisfiability, Boolean Modeling, and Computation (JSAT)
- PC member: SAT 2018 (co-chair), IJCAI-ECAI-2018, CiE 2018, SAT 2017, LCC 2017, STACS 2017, FSTTCS 2016, SAT 2016, QBF 2016, Mathematics for Computation 2016 (chair), SAT 2015, QUANTIFY 2015, Workshop on Proof Complexity 2014 (chair), SAT 2014, LCC 2014, TAMC 2011, AITC 2010
- Member of the Steering Committee: LCC (2016-18)
- Judge of Competitions: QBFEVAL 2017, QBFEVAL 2018
- Organiser: Workshop on Proof Complexity 2018, Special Session on SAT Solving at CiE 2018, Logic Colloquium 2016, Dagstuhl Seminar SAT and Interactions 2016, Dagstuhl Seminar Optimal Algorithms and Proofs 2014, Workshop on Proof Complexity 2014, Workshop Limits of Theorem Proving 2012, 58. Workshop Algorithms and Complexity (Theorietag) 2009
- Recent and forthcoming invited talks: RiSE Winter School 2018, Logic Summer School at ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science, 2017, Proof Complexity Workshop 2016, Dagstuhl Seminar Circuits, Logic and Games 2015, QUANTIFY 2015, LCC 2015, Dagstuhl Seminar Theory and Practice of SAT Solving 2015, Indo-UK workshop on Computational Complexity Theory 2015, Annual conference of the BLC 2013
- Lecturer at Summer Schools: ESSLLI 2015, SAT/SMT Summer School 2013, ESSLLI 2011, ESSLLI 2010